Sunday, January 21, 2007

Becks on a Plane

I've clearly been devoting far too much mental energy lately to David Beckham's problems at Real Madrid and his defection to the US; last night I dreamed I found myself seated next to him on a long flight, wherein we discussed at length his footballing future and how much Posh was going to enjoy living in the belly of the beast, I mean Los Angeles. In my dream he was exactly as he appears to me on television: charming, sincere, soft-spoken, and rather dim. Now were I to actually set down a list of even the top twenty footballers I'd like to be seated next to on a plane, either in real life, or a dream, Beckham would not be on it. Here's hoping in future my dreaming mind does a more accurate job of plumbing my football-obsessed unconcious.

2 comments:

M said...

He could sit next to me if you don't want him around.

lynda said...

Ha! It would all depend on what other players were taking the same flight...